I was just going to post a few pix of the garden, but then this cute little primary song came to mind... and so another video was born. (Cherryl, you're rubbing off on me!) :)
I love, love, LOVE growing a garden! It brings such satisfaction to start with dirt and end up with so much fruit and veggies. I really don't even mind weeding. I just love to see things grow!
Eric put in a drip system this spring and that made a huge difference! It watered evenly and everything grew much better! We planted 15 blackberry plants, 27 raspberry plants, and 120 strawberry plants in raised beds. It was WONDERFUL eating fresh berries all summer. Anne LOVED IT. Any time we were in the backyard she would wander over the berries and start eating! Ahhhh, I wish summer could last all year! (I guess it could if we moved back to Mesa, right!?) :)
Those boxes of green things (end of movie) look like apples but are actually TOMATOES! A hard frost was coming really early, like end of September, so I picked them all and let them ripen on trays in my garage. It's amazing they can go from little hard, green balls to soft, red, juicy tomatoes. Listen to me... what am I saying? I don't even like to eat them raw. (see previous post) But I really love watching them grow ... and making sauce with them!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE the new family picture!!!
Post a Comment