Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Farm Animals














Caleb saw me posting pictures this morning and said, "You have to put the animals on there, Mom!" So... here they are! The bottom chicken is our prettiest one... and she lays blue eggs! We have 14 hens that lay between 9-12 eggs a day and 4 pigs named Pork Chop, Bacon, Sausage, and BabyBack Spare Ribs. The first time we ate BBQ ribs the boys thought they were in heaven. Caleb said, "I don't think I'll ever eat another meal as good as this one!"








And coming soon.... HONEY BEES! There's Eric in his beekeeper suit. We were given a couple of hives this fall and we'll buy 2 more in the Spring.
I can't wait for
some fresh honey!



2 comments:

Suz said...

We have chickens too. Our araucana chicken laid blue eggs but we clipped her wings one day (don't ask) and somehow she got over the fence into our front yard, along with the barred rock, and some stray dogs- (unleashed, I might add)- made bath toys out of them. The araucana was murdered by the dogs. THe barred rock committed suicide on Stapely road. Po chickens!
They sure are good pets!

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

Yea! Welcome to the blogging world. Love the farm photos.