Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Big Trip (Part 4)

Nageezi, New Mexico (where??)

On our way to Albuquerque we were all ready to get out of the car.... so we pulled off the road out in the middle of nowhere -- somewhere near Nageezi -- and set up camp. The boys thought we were the luckiest people to have found such a cool spot.



The hill formations were really fun for the boys to climb. They were entertained for hours!
















There was an oil derrick not too far away. We heard the click click click all night long.



The sunset was GORGEOUS! I took a half-dozen pictures because it kept changing from shades of red to orange to pink.






The effect on the mountains was so pretty! They were all ablaze!!






Of course, the best part is roasting marshmallows around the fire.



Cute little baby Anne loved crawling all around in the dirt. I was hoping she would be walking by now so she wouldn't be so dirty every time we camped. Oh well!

3 comments:

J and M Lloyd, est. 2004 said...

Those sunrise pics are incredible! And Anne - I want to eat her up!

cherryl said...

wow, those sunset pictures are amazing!! wow, i have missed a lot over the summer on your blog. i looked back tonight. your trip looked so neat, what great adventures for your boys! and i am so sorry about your couches!!! i showed my kids and told them the boys were in time out for 7 hours, they were like, wow. and ofcourse my kids are freaked out about the swarming bees on your tramp!! it was so fun talking to you for 3 hours while our husbands were gone! i slept well that night. :)

Cara said...

Looks like an awesome family trip. I will have to put these places down for some future vacationing spots! Ok, anything remind you of Cabo Verde? Of course, when I came to Arizona I thought I was back on my mission in some areas! Love ya!

Cara (Woodruff) Hancock